Thursday, 31 March 2011

Forever Nigella 4 - Street Party - Nigella's Everyday Brownies


Whenever I am invited to a barbeque or any kind of party in fact, I usually make a batch or two of dark, fudgy chocolate brownies to take along as a gift. And so if I was bringing something to a street party, say for a Royal wedding for example, I would definitely bring a stash of brownies. Yes they are simple and unfussy, but indulgent and moreish – a real crowd-pleaser. And you need something fudgy and sweet – something naughty - to make up for all those delicate little canap├ęs!


These brownies are from Nigella’s Kitchen, and I felt that they were perfect for Forever Nigella’s Royal Street Party Challenge. They can be found on page 216 of the book, but sadly not as yet listed on the Nigella website.
The first time I made these I followed Nigella's recipe and added a large, chopped up bar of Dairy Milk, which studded the damp squares and gave little bursts of creamy sweetness. This time, I added fudge pieces – and I have to say that with these, I think they’re best eaten cold. When the brownies are eaten warm, the tiny fudge pieces are lost in the sticky gooeyness. Cold, you can definitely taste the creamy little nuggets amongst all that chocolate.



The brownies take literally minutes to stir together and then another 20-25 minutes in the oven. And although Nigella refers to these as something to make ‘last thing' when you don’t have much in the cupboards – I prefer these much more than my other recipe for brownies using posh melted dark chocolate and white caster sugar.
Do give them a go. Let’s face it – if anyone was going to be able to whip up the perfect brownie it was going to be Nigella. Toast the royal couple with one of these dark, gooey squares on April 29th!

You might also like to read my entries to the other Forever Nigella challenges:
Forever Nigella 1: Seasonal Sensations - Sweet & Salty Crunch Nut Bars
Forever Nigella 2: Seduced by Chocolate - Nigella's Chocolate Muffins with extra ingredient!
Forever Nigella 3: Ciao Italia! Mozzarella in Carozza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...